Monday, March 26, 2012

thrift-store thrills!

Since I had to go to town today to buy the splediforous, fresh, striking, summery, vibrant, Japanese Fern green paint for the guest room, (I'm trying to convince others of its beauty! The guy at Bondurant remained unconvinced I could tell!!!) I curved my route to include Atmore's finest secondhand shop, "We Care." It was a moderately good day; I came home with 5 children's books @ $.59 each and 1 @ $.99 (my favorite being Petunia's Christmas. Does anyone else love that spunky goose as much as I? :) I plan to give the 2 "Little Critter" ones, the Richard Scary's Cars and Trucks, and the book on iguanas to Jacob for his birthday, and keep Petunia and Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss to add to the Faircloth book collection. I also snagged a yellow and navy striped long sleeve shirt for Jacob @ $1.69, and a black locker organizer for $.99. I love these for adding extra shelving for storage in my delinquent cabinets! On I journeyed to "Dirt Cheap," which isn't technically a thrift-store, but the stuff inside is dirty, dinghy, broken, damaged, or defective enough to qualify as secondhand in my books! I managed to dig deep enough to end up with the following treasures: an aqua, queen-sized fitted sheet @ $5.00 to go with the tan top sheet and pillowcases on the guest bed, a brown, temporary curtain panel for guest room @ $3.00, and a small, black, modern shelf @ $3.50 that will be perfect for sock monkeys to sit upon!

2 comments: