Saturday, March 10, 2012

a few updates

Thought I'd update from some previous posts! "the great closet clean-out" is FINISHED! And there's even shelf space leftover! Needless to say, I am THRILLED! Now I need to tackle the spare room closet....and the kitchen cabinets....and the space above my washer and dryer....Let's not even continue with this line of thought!!! Moving on, the "all stacked up" problem was remedied with ten black baskets originally from Target that I scored at Dirt Cheap for $4 each! Alot easier on the pocketbook than the $200 I had thought of spending on wire baskets from the Container Store for my fabric scraps. And what I am most pumped about - remember the greedy "I want, I want" post? Well, my wonderful mom-in-law told me the other day that she had ordered that gorgeous, knockout of a cake stand for me for my birthday!! Yay! Thank you so much, Mom! You will get the first cake I serve on it! Your choice of flavor, too! :) Nothing like getting started with celebrating my June birthday in March! Sorry, I just can't help that I love my birthday so much! Please bear with me....I know I'm hopeless!

6 comments:

  1. I'll take a chocolate mocha cake on that gorgeous platter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you and I need to go thrift store shopping together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. chocolate mocha cake coming right up, Mel! :) and that sounds like a great plan, Roxie! I saw a quite dumpy thrift store north of the tracks on Main St. I want to check out soon! Sometimes the dumpier the digs, the better the treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thrilled girl that you got ur cake plate!!!!! I was wish n like everything I could get it for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet of you! It's the thougth that counts anyway! :) I don't have it yet, it's on backorder.

      Delete
  5. Next girl day we have you get to bring dessert! :) I gotta see that cake plate in real life!!! :)

    ReplyDelete