Saturday, March 17, 2012

annie's baby shower

Yesterday was a no-post day; twas helter-skelter getting around for Annie's baby shower in the evening! Our theme was monkeys since that it her nursery decor. I was responsible to make the chocolate monkey cupcakes. Typical of me, I was running around Atmore last minute to find mini Nilla Wafers for the poor monkeys' ears! I wasn't sure what would be the best "ear option", so in addition to the mini Nillas, I also grabbed mini Nutter Butters, Bud's Best Wafers, and Lotus brand Biscoff cookies which are "Europe's favorite cookie with coffee!" (Can't wait to eat some!) I did settle on the mini Nillas. The Nutter Butters settled in my stomach. Our menu consisted of chocolate cupcakes, banana cupcakes, coconut cupcakes, toasted chicken melts, kiwi, bananas, and oranges with creamy fruit dip, little party favor bags of peanuts, pretzels, and banana runts (adorable!),York mint patties, pink lemonade with a lime slice, and coffee. Monica had made gobs of tissue papers pom-poms in lime, hot pink, and brown, so that really made the school auditorium look festive! The moms shared memories, we had a song, and everyone took a quiz to see how well they knew Annie. It always amazes me how well everything comes together in the end, even if you do have had mild panic attacks in the beginning! With everyone working together, it somehow all gets done. I was exceedingly thankful that Moni had so much done ahead! :) Annie received lots of cute and useful gifts; can't wait to see her little girl putting them to use! A relaxing shower was enjoyed by all...
(Help! Since I had babies on my mind, I dreamed we had a little girl named "Emma"! She had lots of freckles, and in my dream I said, "Guess she is fair-skinned like me! lol)

6 comments:

  1. You didnt metion the fact that your cupcakes were so popular that there wasnt even 1 left for you to try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If I would have known that I would have shared mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a sweet sis! :) but I made up for not having a choc cupcake by eating gobs of frosting!

      Delete
  2. Oh the baby shower was perfect. Loved it all. Thanks to all of you that put it on and made all the yummy food. We are anxious for little Miss Unruh too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to you for making the shower possible! I greatly enjoyed the monkey cupcake and I would have MAYBE shared as well. ;) it was a fun evening! I'll be doing a post about it soon on jjinside.com. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! can't wait to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and a little 'Emma' would be a cute addition. ;) lol

    ReplyDelete