Saturday, March 31, 2012

Roly-Poly, Let's shop Foley!

Drew's got here after 10 Thursday night. Olivia is a doll! She's one, and Jackson is an adorable three year old. Of course it was a late night, or shall we say "early morning?!" We girls, including Rhonda and Anne, had made plans to spend the Friday shopping the outlets in Foley. Grandpa Schneider had generously loaned us their van, so we were delighted to be able to ride all together and spend the driving time yakking and catching up! Our first stop was for lunch at the Stacey Rexall Drug Store. It's an olde-timey soda parlor/pharmacy where they serve sandwiches and ice cream galore! It's an experience in itself! While an electric train buzzes around near the ceiling, the druggists fill prescriptions in the back behind the saloon-style swinging door, and the soda jerks serve up old-fashioned fare in the front....you feel transported back in time to the '50's! I devoured a hot dog topped with mayo, mustard, ketchup, relish, sauerkraut, and onions. Could barely detect the wiener under all those toppings! lol! And of course I had to have the "Baby Buffalo"! It's a sundae made with marshmallow creme, hot fudge sauce, and chocolate ice cream, topped with piles of whipped cream and nuts with cherry on top! Twas supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!! (that was my favorite adjective when I was probably 10!) Fresh brewed coffee was only $.10 a cup! We browsed in the adjacent art store (Rhonda and I want to take in a few classes there soon!!) before heading on to the Tanger Outlets, which were bustling with people and great sales. I actually didn't make any purchases other than some Reebok undershirts for Danl. I did alot of dreaming and "leather smelling" though! :) So many awesome shoe, purse (Coach!), and kitchen stores to tantalize me.....But I don't really need any more shoes or purses right now, and my kitchen cabinets contents spill out when you open the doors! The guys met us for a sumptuous seafood supper at Shrimp Basket. I had the Mahi Mahi tacos. We had talked about stopping by Krispy Kreme donuts for dessert, but for some reason it didn't sound good anymore after we "rolled" out of  the Shrimp Basket. Was another super late night, before we finally called it a day! We said our sad farewells this morning....a short but sweet stay! I just pittered the day away, totally lacking any energy. When I stopped by Gramps to return the van, he thought I looked kinda pale, so he gave me a fish oil pill and some dark chocolate to get me all fixed up! :) So I should soon be feeling perky again! Danl ordered me to take an afternoon snooze, then took me out to Happy Palace for supper so I wouldn't have to cook. He's so sweet....

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun time! I loved your "colorful" way of explaining your Friday. ;) I had a busbusy day today with my sis and nephews so I probably need one of those fish oils as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *busy (my auto-correct on my phone)

      Delete
    2. LOL on the fish oil pill! :) It cracked me up, because first wanted to give me an iron pill, but since he couldn't find any, he settled for fish oil! Cool that Juliana is here! Tell her I said "hey!"

      Delete
  2. I SO know the feeling of having good friends come see you and you have all kinds of fun together and then they leave and you just feel UNINSPIRED!!!!! (And sad!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was a super fun day, amen! I'm so lucky to have awesome friends! :)

    ReplyDelete