Monday, March 26, 2012

Homemade Cookie Dough Poptarts!


This delectable treat was my breakfast this morning! Here's the link for the website I found the recipe on. http://blogs.babble.com/family-kitchen/2011/09/23/homemade-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-poptarts/?pid=3725#slideshowTry it! I think next time I will double the cookie dough, but not the choc. chips. The filling ideas could be endless~ I'm thinking raspberry, or cookies and cream....

Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Poptarts
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of melted butter
1 1/2 tablespoons Bisquick
2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
1 round of uncooked pie crust
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 tablespoon of caramel ice cream sauce
1/2 teaspoon water
In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, melted butter, Bisquick, and chocolate chips. Cut a pie crust into four small rectangles, then spoon the chocolate chip cookie dough mixture on top of two of the pie crusts. Place the second pie crust on top of each “filled” crust. Use a fork to press down the edges. Bake in an oven preheated to 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. In a small bowl, mix together powdered sugar, caramel ice cream sauce, and water. Drizzle over the top of your cooked poptarts. Serve with ice cream and hot fudge or melted nutella, if desired.
Makes 2 poptarts

4 comments:

  1. YUMM! did you eat both?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, you are not supposed to ask that question!!!!! but the answer is YES! :) But I only had one for breakfast; I ate the other one cold with milk later for a snack!

      Delete
  2. Sounds delicious! I like frosted cherry pop tarts the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might like the one I made this morn...pink-frosted raspberry with that filling from Shirley's! :) yummo! She might have cherry filling, I'll have to look!

      Delete