Tuesday, March 13, 2012

sewing day at church

Today was Sewing Day! I am always excited when it comes around, because what could be more fun than a bunch of women getting together to get crafty, gab, and eat, while having an all around good time putting our efforts into making life a bit easier for others who need blankets, comforters, quilts, layette bundles, and the like. I called Summer earlier to see if Jackson wanted to go with me, which he definitely did! He always loved Sewin'. Enjoyed having "my" lil boy with me again... We had a delectable lunch of all sorts of things over rice. Polynesian, Creole, Mushroom Meatballs, Coconut Chicken Curry, and Chicken Alfredo. All that along with various salads, Graham Cracker Fluff, cornbread, cappuccino muffins, and brownie sundaes for dessert! I didn't leave anything "untried!" While I wasn't stuffing my face, I worked on the "scrappy modern quilt" Rhonda and I instigated last month. We are sorta copying this gorgeous quilt I saw on Pinterest. It is from the quilt blog, http://blueelephantstitches.blogspot.com/ We are just using fabric scraps we had on hand at church, but I am quite impressed with how it's turning out! I hope we can get it sashed, bound, and in the frame to start hand-quilting it next Sewing! We finished piecing all twenty blocks today. This "granny squares" quilt pic is what inspired my fabric scrap organization! I want to get my own "shabby chic" quilt underway soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment