Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Obtainable October

     


    As I sit here this evening, listening to the drizzly rain continuing to drizzle, I feel content. September was simple and sweet. I used lots of paper plates, said "No" to sewing for myself, (not that I say "Yes" very often to sewing, but still! It felt simple to decide that my Fall/Winter wardrobe is good enough as it is! No pressure to perform!) and carved out pockets of time for reading Ruth Reichl and Run by Ann Patchett. I sipped lots of shaken oatmilk brown sugar cinnamon espressos, worked on bettering my boba recipe, and chose to focus on the good things and the good times. The Totally Booked Book Club added magic to the end of the month by celebrating the Second Annual White Dinner in a cow pasture under the September Supermoon. 
    Now we are one-thirds our way through Obtainable October. At various times during these past eleven days, it has wanted to feel like Overwhelming October. But then I intentionally take a mental step back to stop, realign my priorities, and shift my thought process out of its downward spiral. I have not always had the tools do this. But now on this night while God is watering the world, I do, and I do not take this for granted. I went through so much discontent and overwhelm and hard work and lowering of the bar to get to this place where life can truly feel Obtainable. If you aren't there tonight, rest assured that you can get there too. Life is made up of Seasons. It is not always Summer. There are Times of Tears and Places of Pain. But God is Everywhere; He rested and wants our lives to feel restful too. Obtainable October is for everyone!






5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing 💖
    I needed to hear this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good. So true! 💝

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your thoughts, especially the last few sentences! Just what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just what I needed tonight❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. 0 girl it's so beautifully written!! Needed to hear it! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete