Friday, March 9, 2012

thrift-store snags

This morning, after finishing necessary errands in Atmore, I felt pulled to the thrift-store for a quick dash down the aisles. I'm glad I followed my instincts! I walked out rewarded with the following super snags! A shiny silver basket for closet organizing = $1.49. Black metal basket for the closet = $.89 Bright yellow chicken mug with tiny white flowers for my small spatulas in the kitchen = $.29 Tablespoon-Tsp measuring spoon for my salt jar = $.39 Victoria's Secret PINK stuffed dog for Diesel and Leroy = $.69 Glamor Girl printer paper = $.89 and my most adored but least useful purchase of all - A pair of gold deer = $3.49! I was thrilled to find them, for I had seen some similar in Country Living a few issues back, and thought they would look right at home on our living room bookshelves since Daniel is an avid hunter. For these I used some Christmas $$ I hadn't spent since I didn't want to break my pact I have with myself to not spend money on things I don't really need. Christmas $ is in a whole different category! I know a few dollars shouldn't seem like it would make a difference, but it all adds up after awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment