Saturday, March 24, 2012

happy broom day!

Did you know that today is "Broom Day"? (Otherwise known as the "Vernal Equinox" to sane people) I didn't know it either until a friend told me that my broom should stand on it own today! So I grabbed my ole blue brown and it stood at command! How impressive! If only it would obey when I say "SWEEP! Thou slothful broom!" I guess I should just be content with the novelty of it standing there on its own! I decided to further educate myself about this novel phenomenon, but upon I googling it, I found that it is a widely controversial subject! Some claim that a broom or an egg will balance any ole day of the year; that the equinox has nothing to do with it! Others say that it most certainly does! I'm going with "Broom Day"! How boring to take the magic away! Our blue broom has balanced for several hours now, even with me thumping around the house. (Daniel tells me that he can't imagine how I can make so much noise clumping about without weighing as much as an elephant!) It's kinda spooky to see our broom standing eerily upright as if it's just waiting there like a witch-taxi! :) I'm staying clear of it so it doesn't reach out and grab me! It did retaliate the other day for me making it whisk up a few piles of grass by slicing my finger open on its sharp metal end! (the black plastic cap had come off!) I have never written so much about brooms in my life; so before this post becomes too broomified I will sign off with a warning - "Beware of Brooms and have a happy Broom Day!"

7 comments:

  1. I just luv this post Sharon:)LOL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny post! I don't think my broom will do that cause it isn't a straight-bottomed one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is an angled slant bottom broom! That's what made it so weird to see! lol :)

      Delete
  3. Read this early this morning after a very short nights sleep. Couldn't stop laughing ! Thanks for the laugh Sharon! David.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the broom was still standing the next morn! So I decided to put it back to bed beside the freezer! Poor Broom! Bet it was exhausted!

    ReplyDelete