Monday, March 12, 2012

I did it again...

This post will have more meaning to some of you than to others, because some of you will remember the tragedy of the black-eyed peas I incinerated a few years back! What awful memories that evokes!!! We, the house, and anything that had been in the house, reeked of smoke for days as if we were habitual chain smokers until I borrowed two ozone machines that finally zapped the lingering whiffs of smoke. Moving on to the present, this past Saturday night I got hungry for a quesadilla (Danl had taken his lawnmower rep out for supper), so I put a wheat tortilla in a pan, topped it with cheese and diced ham, and then turned the burner almost to HI which is my normal cooking setting. Then the thought crossed my mind that while my quesadilla is heating up, I should quickly throw in a load of laundry! I dashed to the bedroom to get it gathered up. While doing that, I decided to quickly change into my pj's so I could add the clothes I was wearing to the pile I wanted to wash. Meanwhile my poor quesadilla began to smolder and rapidly turn to burnt sacrifice, while smoke clouded the kitchen. Suddenly I remembered my supper, and raced to the rescue! But alas! It was in the last stages before flames most likely! I grabbed the pan with the ashes it contained, and plunked the whole works down outside on the porch! Back in the kitchen, I turned on the vent to rid the house of smoke, and carefully made me another quesadilla. When Daniel got home, he almost choked it still smelled so rank! Thankfully, I knew from experience what to do! The next morning, I called to Maynard and Brooxe's and somewhat bashfully asked "could I please borrow the ozone machine again?" Thanks to their generosity, this marvelous machine has been cheerfully buzzing out ions or whatever it does to make the bad smell go away, and our house is smelling (almost) back to normal today! I certainly hope I have learned my lesson! Or maybe there's no hope for me, and we should just invest in our own ozone machine.

6 comments:

  1. I do support ya getting a ozone machine. They make me get headaches though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to hear that even you burn things now and then:) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiff, I have burnt quite alot of things since I'm always cooking on HIGH! :) this was definitely my worst lately, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl, do I EVER remember the last time:) Ya'll comeing over smelling like you were chain smokers:)LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara, I KNEW you would remember quite vividly!! lol

      Delete
  5. Oh my Sharon...!

    ReplyDelete