Wednesday, December 15, 2021

The Charity Chapter - Christmas Edition

 


Though I hum along to "O Holy Night" and wish the cashier "Merry Christmas" and have not patience with my kindergartener in Walmart, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

‭‭ And though I shop small and find the perfect Mudpie gift at the local boutique, and source out the exact item that was linked on the family spreadsheet for an even better price, and help my child memorize all the program songs; and though I have all the presents wrapped early with coordinating paper and ribbon, so that I could feel smug, and have not time to read the Christmas story in My Bible Friends, I am nothing.


‭‭ And though I bestow fresh cinnamon rolls upon all my neighbors, and though I diffuse festive blends of essential oils all season long, and have matching family pajamas, and have not unity on what is important, it profiteth me nothing. 


The true Christmas Spirit suffereth quietly while standing in long lines, and thinketh kind thoughts about husbands who accept plans without first asking making an already crammed month even fuller, it envieth not others’ new dresses for each festive event, the true Spirit of Christmas vaunteth not a Pinterest-worthy decorated house, is not puffed up with every kind of Christmas candy, 


Doth not stay up sewing until unseemly hours out of obligation to “what people might think if I wear an old dress,” seeketh not to stress out, is not easily provoked about Christmas parties, thinketh no evil towards the scale; 


Rejoiceth not in seeing every local lights display, but rejoiceth in the Light of the World; 


Beareth all butchered Christmas carols, believeth that Jesus is the Reason for the Season, hopeth that family gatherings will be tranquil realizing that we are all messed up humans, endureth weather that wasn’t expected.  


The Christmas Spirit never faileth: but whether there be Amazon or FedEx, they shall fail; whether there be parades, they shall cease; whether there be peppernuts, they shall vanish away. 


For we know in part what Christmas is all about, and we profess to do our best. But when the time for us to experience Christmas in Heaven is come, then that which was important for Christmas on Earth shall be done away. 


When I was a child, I spake merrily as child who hadn’t gone through hard things, I understood as a child whose most difficult puzzle was figuring out who had my name in the classroom name draw, I thought as a child who wanted the holidays to never end: but when I became a woman, I put away some of these childish thinkings. 


For now we see life as it really is, with parts that are dark as midnight; broken hearts, empty arms, and vacant chairs at the family table. Now I know in part these heartaches on Earth, but when we all celebrate Christmas in Heaven, then shall we empathize fully as we are known. 


And now abideth the happiest of holidays, peace on earth, goodwill to all men; these three important things, but the greatest of these is Love, His love come down from Heav’n, the True Spirit of Christmas.

31 comments:

  1. I love this so much πŸ’“

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring sharn Marie!πŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed it, Sharon. Love to you and yours from me and mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and thought provoking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful!! Good reminders!!❣️

    ReplyDelete
  6. πŸ₯°Sharon! Merry Christmas!….~Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, Sharon! Merry Christmas to you and Daniel and Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely. Just perfect!! ✨πŸ™πŸΌπŸŽ„πŸ˜‡πŸ₯°

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful thought Sharon!luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaawe this is so good❣️✨

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What an inspirational writing! Love it! ~Polly

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an amazing article, so true

    ReplyDelete
  13. ♥️ Love this….thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That’s awesome 🀩

    ReplyDelete
  15. True talent, Sharon Jean!! Merry Christmas to you and your's....from windy NE!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing..enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this so much ‼️ Oh so true ‼️

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this! ❤ Ness

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautifully written!! I love this!♥️

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Truly inspiring, Sharon! Wishing you, and yours, a blessed Christmas! A Sally

    ReplyDelete