Saturday, May 5, 2012

this weekend

Life is bustling for us this weekend. Daniel is off to GA for a much anticipated rendezvous with his long-range shooting buddies, and I have been constantly on the go as well! Can't let myself sit around and get too lonely, so I've been packing in as many fun activities as I can while he's away. He pulled out just after lunch yesterday, and I headed over to pick up Mom and Mel so we could stop by Wade and Rhonda's to meet the newest addition to their family - the most adorable lil black and tan wiener dog! He's just so tiny at not quite 8 weeks old! To my knowledge, they haven't quite settled on the perfect name for him yet. He has a very wise look....he may be saddled with "Wilson" or "Clyde." Then I spent the rest of the afternoon sorting for Dad in the office. After that, I ate supper and spent the eve with Moni and Glendon's. I really enjoyed the delicious food, precious babies (Zoe & Becca), and great friends! Today, I miraculously rose with the sun to go YARD SALING! :) Mom went with me, and we had such a fun time poking around in people's debris and finding treasures! I had only taken $4 in quarters and snagged the following items listed in the order of preciousness: {green glass jar/cruse with handle}  {yellow pedestal mug}  {wire mesh pitcher}  {Tripwire by Lee Child}  {toys for Neil for his bday}  {small old, gold vase}  {vintage McCall's dress pattern with flare sleeve.} I don't need to spend much money to have fun and come home happy from a yard sale! :) I didn't have a single penny left though! I spend everything I have! Of course, we couldn't resist a quick "WeCare" stop before we headed home. (Good thing they take plastic!) Mom found me a large mouth Mason jar with a handle! Danl will be so impressed! He has been wanting one to use for a drinking glass; he thinks the ones we have are too dinky for real man's thirst! Anyway, I also unearthed a VS Pink dog, more bday toys for Neil, an old 1925 Edition Webster's Dictionary, and my favorite find- a 1909 edition of The Complete Poems of John Milton! Is it as rare and valuable as I hope/think it is?! I googled and eBayed it, but couldn't find another copy for sale just like it to go by, so I'm telling myself, until I find out differently, that I actually nabbed a notable antique worth several hundred dollars! (LOL!) If anyone reading this knows how to find out if its valuable or not, please let me know! The most unique thing to me though, is what I discovered hidden in its pages- an old yellowed "calling card" with "Mrs. Walker Ingraham" inscribed in a calligraphic font! Brings to mind the days of Laura Ingalls Wilder! Remember her beautiful calling cards? :) Sometimes I almost think it would be fun to be back living in that era...minus all the hard, manual labor! Give me my thermostat, internet, and dishwasher, please and thank you! The rest of the day was spent at Mom's making a blueberry dessert and doing housework since Anthony has a friend coming for Luke and Becky's wedding reception tomorrow. Why on earth do I not have the dress I wanted to wear to it sewed, and why don't I have a wedding present or a wedding card?! Procrastination will be my demise....I suppose I will have to wear an old dress, and make a quick dash into Atmore for a gift after church tomorrow if I don't want to feel like a complete failure! Now I'm finally back home sitting and blogging in my red chair; too tired to go to bed! Danl will be heading home Monday. It's just too lonely and quiet; I am so ready to have him home again, home again, jiggity jog....there's nothing like home with your man and your dog! (I know it's time for me to be asleep when I start typing silly things that rhyme!) Later 'tater....

3 comments:

  1. Danl actually got home Sunday eve!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed spending time with you! Enjoyed the zipper peas. :) we ate the rest of them for Sunday lunch. Glad your man made it back earlier so you didn't have any more lonely nights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know the feeling!!!!!

    ReplyDelete