Tuesday, May 15, 2012

BLT Mac Salad

This pleasing pasta salad is like eating a BLT in a bowl. Chock-full of crispy crumbled bacon, chopped tomato, celery and green onion, the sensational salad is draped in a tangy mayonnaise and vinegar dressing. It's a real crowd-pleaser! -Norene Wright, Manilla, Indiana

Here's the pasta salad recipe that I took to Sewing today compliments of Taste of Home. For once, I made it precisely as the recipe told me to; didn't change nary a thing! To my way of thinking, it's a brilliant salad because it's a complete meal! You have your meat (bacon), starch (macaroni), and veggies! (tomatoes, onions, and celery!) I'm having a bowl of it for supper as I type! :) Make this refreshing salad for a cool, summer supper some evening....your family will love you forever! Except if they are like my man and despise celery. :(  
20 20              

Ingredients

  • 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
  • 5 green onions, finely chopped
  • 1 large tomato, diced
  • 1-1/4 cups diced celery
  • 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
  • 5 teaspoon white vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled

Directions

  • Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, green onions, tomato and celery.
  • In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, add bacon. Yield: 12 servings.

3 comments:

  1. EWWWWW! CELERY!!
    Oh by the way if you have any dessert left bring me some! I couldnt come because I had a 8 o clock dentist app. Now I have to have my ole wise teeth dug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brought you some desserts! ;) Sorry you have to lose your wisdom....

      Delete
  2. I've made this salad several times and people really seem to like it here:) I do leave out the celery tho and just put in celery salt:)

    ReplyDelete