Tuesday, May 22, 2012

"Hello again!"

"Hello again!"
"Hello!"
"Do you like my hat?"
"No, I do not like your hat!"

Name that book! :)
Anyway, it's good to be back on the ole blog! Yesterday was so very frustrating as my faithful red Dell decided it had charged enough in its somewhat short lifetime, and simply REFUSED to take another charge! It proceeded to completely give up the ghost and died, apparently never to be revived again. I tried to be calm, and not focus on how much no computer/internet affected me. (Scary!) But I couldn't check my email (what if I had sold something on eBay?! I wouldn't know to ship it!), couldn't check the bank account (what if we were about to get an overdraft?!), couldn't pay any bills (do NOT want to be late!!), couldn't log how much food I had eaten on "MyPlate" (how many calories did I have left for the day?! what if I tremendously overate?!!), and neither could I blog! I missed writing about life and its endearing perplexities. So I sat myself down, and prayed that God would somehow just MAKE my laptop charge again! I had called Southern Computer earlier, and was told that I most likely needed a new charging port installed which would cost approximately $140, a sum that we did not have floating around at the present moment. My prayer felt somewhat selfish, but I knew that God cares about every little thing in our lives. The charging light remained black. I preceded to go about my day, and did manage to pay a pressing bill by using Danl's laptop, which is cumbersome and annoying to me. I just really like my OWN stuff! Then, later in the evening, I happened to glance over at my laptop, which I had not touched since my prayer, and noticed that the charging light was ON!!! Yippity yay!!! I guess God just wanted me to be patient for once! :) Don't you just love answered prayers? I do! Makes me feel so unworthy of God's attention. I decided to just leave my poor laptop alone for the night. This morning, it fired right up, fully charged and ready to go!

P.S. Our fabric arrived!!! I love the piece with the lil black flowers...but the other piece I ordered???? Far too fuchsia for me and my red head! :(

2 comments:

  1. SO GLAD u had an answer to pray cus I sure wud miss reading ur blogs:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Glad some one else prays about "wierd little things" too! :)

    ReplyDelete