Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"Oh, Hi! Ohio!"

Hi there! A lot has been transpiring in our lovely lives! :) Memorial Day was memorable; we celebrated by hanging out at Daniel's mom's with family and friends, eating monstrous burgers and of course lots of sweets! I took homemade vanilla ice cream to go with brownies, and the delicious "flag" cake topped with cherries and blueberries that Ms. Margaret had made. We stayed night in Pace, so Alisha, Mom, and I could hit the river the next morn in kayaks. It was a blast! So peaceful, beautiful, and relaxing! Saw some huge turtles sunbathing, and Alisha even spied a little lime green snake slithering up a vine. Cute! :) As long as he (and his snake friends!) stayed on the banks, we were happy! I drove home in blinding sheets of rain, along with hail and streaks of lightning popping all around ~ Needless to say, I was very glad to be at last safe and sound at home again! I loved seeing the majestic lightning show though! Alisha flew home today ~ sure enjoyed being with our sis again! It felt like I had to drag my bedraggled self out of bed far too early this morn to bake a pecan pie to sell to Kerra at "The Coffee House." So thrilled that Atmore now has a quaint lil gourmet coffee shop again. This one even has wi-fi! Aren't we coming up in this ole world?! Kerra is having some of us Mennonite girls bake fresh pies and pastries for her to sell along with the coffees. Then I dashed by the library to pick up the The Journal of Best Practises by David Finch that they had purchased at my request and were holding for me! I can't wait to read it; it's about a man that was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, and how that revelation helps him understand himself and become a better husband. Of course it was my week to be in charge of cleaning church; (ALWAYS seems to fall on the busiest weeks!) so I almost made it there by 10 to get with it. After church was spic and span, I went to Rhonda's to get the monogrammed towels that we are giving to Mervin and Lydia for their wedding. Ended up staying there for lunch. Once home, I frantically sewed on Melanie's wedding frock that MUST get finished tonight! Also, I must get packed up and be ready to leave for the wedding tomorrow at 7! I'm going up to Ohio with my parents; we will be driving all day tomorrow; then we are stopping near Cincinnati at some museum about the creation of the world Friday morning. The family supper will be Friday night, then the wedding is Saturday morning. I'm really excited to be going! Couldn't bear the thought of missing my dear cousin Herb's wedding!! :) Danl was so sweet to encourage me to go ~ wish he could come with, but we can't "round-up" all the grass in time! I'm being very sanguine about this journey as I don't have my ride home lined up yet! (I do have lots of possibilities though!) So we shall see how it all plays out! I may not be blogging 'til I'm back, so until then ~ Goodbye! And wish me luck, because...

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep,

And miles to go before I sleep. ~ Robert Frost

2 comments:

  1. Jealous about you seeing the Creation Museum. Heard about it and know that it is great. Enjoy it.
    Mervin married with a wife and little girl...hummm! I know he is excited. Now Larry and Karen will be Grandpa and Grandma...
    Cooler in Florida today and it is a welcome break for our men...!
    Hope you have a wonderful time and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would really enjoy the museum! :) put it on your "bucket list!" Mervin and Lydia are so good together and with Kaycee they are the sweetest lil fam already! Uncle Larrys' are very proud grandparents too!

      Delete