Monday, April 30, 2012

garden party!

This morning was our annual Garden Party/Plant Exchange. Debbie Mininger hosted it at her "Bellingrath Gardens." :) We basked in the shade of the oak tree while listening to tips on how to compost and grow tomatoes. After numbering into groups of 1's, 2's, and 3's, we took turns picking out plants to take home. I am most excited about my "shrimp plant"! It blooms reddish-orange shrimp-looking blossoms! There were a handful of door-prizes too, and believe it or not, I actually won a house plant! That is not my normal luck! (I think the plant is called a "bromilliad?" It looks like the one pictured above.) Hopefully I won't kill it right away - I do think my thumb is beginning to turn a very pale shade of green. The snacks and drinks were very Southern and so refreshing for such a sultry morning. The dewberry-lemon tea hit the spot, along with cherry limeade punch, poppy seed ham sandwiches, veggies 'n dip, party mix (that had malt eggs and darling lil cheese crackers shaped like birds in it!), and also some brownies that I had seen on pinterest and had volunteered to make. I really enjoyed the party, and felt like I learned a lot about gardening! Now I need to get busy planting my pots of "gold!" Or should I say pots of "green" since we saved our $ by sharing plants instead of buying them?!
pillow time for Saturday night - (Do I HAVE to say it?????  it was 11:30pm.)
Sunday night - Much Better! :) 10:38pm!

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could have come! I had to muck out 10 horse stalls instead! Did you save me a brownie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was another fun gardegarden party! The food sounded delish! And those brownies are so cute! :)
    I think you're doing great with your pale green thumb. I think it's more green than you think. ;)

    ReplyDelete