Thursday, April 26, 2012

random ramblings


1. I want to start going to bed earlier!!! (Think my night-owlish ways could be the root of my tardiness problem?)

2. I, Sharon Faircloth, do hereby commit to report the hour upon which my head hits the pillow for the forthcoming 7 days. The accountability of this action will hopefully bring forth the desired results wished for in #1.

3. The Help was such an awesome read! Definitely recommended....I couldn't put it down! Thanks, Mom, for snagging me a copy for $1.50 at the thrift store! :)

4. The Annual Plant Exchange/Garden Party is scheduled for Monday.....I only have one plant to donate so far.....hmmmm, wonder why?!

5. I'm keeping Jackson tomorrow for a change! Really excited; especially since they have a new inground pool in the backyard!

6. All my prayers and beatings and bumpings on the dryer don't seem to be doing the trick anymore; it appears to have finally given up the ghost...    (RIP Faithful Vintage Dryer ????-2012)

7. So thankful I have a sturdy drying rack from Target and a gutsy little white fan!

8. Daniel and I will both be delighted when the guys are out of school for the summer and are once again faithful employees of FL&L!

9. Dewberry cobbler is proof that God wants us to be happy and enjoy the fruits of the earth. :)

10. Goodnight friends and fam! I love you all! I better be hitting the hay, or I'll be too embarrassed to post the hour my zzzzzz'z began tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. What kind of book is this? Maybe I should read it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, Tara! It's about how life was back when most southern white women had black "help". It's written in the voice of a black woman. I loved it!

      Delete
  2. The movie was awesome as well. :) you should read "The Hunger Games" trilogy. Enjoy your pool time tomorrow! And the dewberry cobbler sounds wonderful! I have some dewberries in the freezer yet from last year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the sample of "The Hunger Games" on my nook, but haven't spent the $ to get the books...seemed kinda strange but interesting too! The pool was too cold to get totally in...:( but we played on the steps and sunned! Mel made the dewberry cobbler for me, bless her heart! :) such a sweet sis!

      Delete
  3. It is really good. I was skeptical at first but it's a great book. I read it on my Amazon Kindle app. :) and I got in our pool yesterday. It was pretty chilly on my tummy! :)

    ReplyDelete