Thursday, April 12, 2012

decorating personality


What is your design style?

I took the Better Homes and Gardens quiz and my result was "Polished Casual!" and the description was as follows.
You love to mix and match your favorites from several styles, so Polished Casual is the best way to describe your look. Crisp, fresh, and always comfortable, this approach anchors itself in neutral, subtle hues and furniture that isn't fussy but isn't slouchy either. Pair your clean-lined sofa with a dark leather wing chair or a weathered metal table—anything goes, but simplicity is key.
 
 I think it describes my taste quite well except for the "neutral hues!" I like brights! Take the quiz http://www.bhg.com/decorating/decorating-style/quiz/?psrc=R1201BPM5639R394DQ and find out what look you go after! Please post a comment with your result. I'm curious to know if most people agree with BHG :)

4 comments:

  1. Huh.. Surprise, Surprise! I'm a Polished Casual, also, but I think I might be a little more neutral than you are, although I like touches of bright...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol :) I can't decide what my color scheme really is, because when I stop to think about my walls (except for the guestroom!) are butter yellow in kitchen, oyster white in master bed and bath, 2 shades of brown in living room, and oh! guess I did put ORANGE in hall bath which is quite vibrant!

      Delete
  2. Mine was "cottage"! I agree! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see your style being called "beach cottage!" :)

      Delete