Saturday, April 21, 2012

to kill a mockingbird

  Our evening in Monroeville yesterday at the play was delightful! We arrived early to browse the museum and gift shop, and to feast on the best chicken and sausage gumbo I've ever eaten!!! (that comment was for you, Rhonda!) A slice of homemade pound cake and Diet Coke completed the meal. The weather couldn't have been more pleasant for a picnic on the courthouse lawn. Southern songs wafted on the slight breeze as we waited for the old courthouse tower clock to dong 7 o'clock! And the play began.....I won't even attempt to describe it all, if you ever get the chance to attend for yourself, definitely do so!! It felt as if you were truly living in Maycomb with Scout years ago....trying to sift through the complex feeling of racial injustice. The profound truth that Scout tells Jem "I think there's just one kind of folks. Folks.", sums up the greatness of Harper's book to me. Twas a memorable night that I'll never forget! I really want to go again next year! :)
  As for Becca Leann, I was pleased to make her acquaintance yesterday as well! She is adorable! Lots of wispy, black hair and the cutest little round face and button nose! So tiny, too! I'm ready to see her again! Hopefully, we can stop by tomorrow so Daniel can meet her too! :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you got to go to the play! I've wanted to for years! Maybe one day before I die I'll get to! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y'all come down next year and we'll go together! :)

      Delete