Saturday, February 4, 2012

someone to whisper with

Today was what I like to call a "Simple Saturday". We sorta slept in, then each leisurely did our thing. For me, it was laundry, vacuuming, and general straightening up around the house. Daniel went to the gym and ran a few errands. In the afternoon, we decided to go hunting. I hadn't even been rifle hunting in Daniel's new deer stand, so he was excited to take me along. It's really a mac-daddy deer hut! Plenty big enough for two, with real chairs and even carpet! We parked, then made the long hike out to the field, loaded down with rifles, jerky (gotta have food! :), and water. The weather wasn't the best; very overcast and drizzly. Daniel spotted a small deer at one point, but it soon dashed back into the woods. We waited hopefully for the King of the Forest, but he never showed his rack. I tend to get somewhat discouraged with the whole thing, but Daniel has to remind me that it's not called "Shooting", it's called "Hunting" for a reason! So with him there to keep me inspired, I kept scanning the perimeters with high hopes each time it was my turn for the binoculars. But eventually, the shades of night fell fast, and it was time to make the long journey back to the truck. But instead of feeling extremely discouraged like I usually feel when I've hunted alone in vain, I felt like it was a great hunt! Hunting together is just the best; simply because you have someone to whisper with. And if you have someone to whisper with, it doesn't matter if you get the biggest buck ever or nothing at all, because the most important thing in the world is already sitting right there beside you!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!! Any alone time I get with David I love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Sweet, Sharon. Take every alone time with your man as you can. One never knows...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quality time is definitely his love language....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this blog! God has blessed my son with the best wife ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete