Thursday, February 9, 2012

a good read

Just finished reading The Girl in the Green Sweater by Krystyna Chiger with Daniel Paisner. MomDenise gave it to me this past Christmas. It's the riveting memoir of a young Jewish girl and her family during the Holocaust. To escape certain death, they spent 14 months in the city sewer system amidst the rats, waste, and filth! With tremendous courage and undaunted determination, they managed to survive the world's worst nightmare! This book is definitely worth buying or borrowing! Then settle into a comfy chair for a good read! Thanks, MomDenise!

4 comments:

  1. Hey I liked my book like that, too!! My sis-in-law has already borrowed and read it.:)I need Christmas again so I can have another good book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fascinating!!! I sure thought she picked out a good one for us; wonder if Michelle and Erica have read theirs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes I've read mine long ago and now just finished reading The Help. You really need to read that one! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Help has been on my to-read list for a long time now! Can't believe I haven't read it yet! I didn't get it for Christmas, so I need to buy it, or check it out from the library. It costs just as much to buy it on an e-reader, and I want to have the actual book if I'm gonna buy it.

    ReplyDelete