Thursday, February 16, 2012

the daunting to-do list

We bought a whiteboard several weeks ago for the purpose of Daniel using it to schedule yard maintenance this summer.  Well, the grass is still sorta brown, so I have claimed the board for now, and have turned it into a massive "TO-DO list"! I wrote "sharon" on one side and "daniel" on the other. Each day I ambitiously fill it nearly to the brim! (does a dry erase board even have a brim?!) Anyway, it's great fun to wipe each job into oblivion as it gets completed! I really think I get more done if I have everything I need to accomplish staring back at me in bold, black letters. And like I learned from my dad, if I do anything that wasn't listed on the board, I virtuously write it on so I can have the thrill of crossing it out! Today, I only got half-done since I'm not superwoman. I did work hard all day, but the menacing white board still wants me to "finish laundry, deep clean desk and file cabinet, dust, vacuum, mop, clean bathrooms, re-type address list, work on taxes." Eeeeek!!! I better get out of this chair!

3 comments:

  1. LOL!!! You make work sound like fun round your house:) I wish I had some of your enthusiasm:)I need a pile of it right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to resort to all sorts of trickery to deceive myself that work is fun, Tara! :) It doesn't come naturally!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your to do list sounds SO familiar! Are we sanguine or what? :) And DEFINITELY if you do something not on the list you gotta write it on so it can be scratched off! :) :)

    ReplyDelete