Saturday, February 11, 2012

Dogs and Wings are Wonderful Things!

It's winter tonight in Florida! The lows are predicted to be in the 20's!!! Brrrrrrr!! Way too cold for us and way too cold for Diesel and Leroy! Even though their cozy little "Thomas Kinkade Doghouse of Light" is well-insulated and stuffed with pine straw, it couldn't do an adequate job of keeping them warm on a frigid night like tonight. While I draped the furniture with sheets in preparation for the dogs spending the night inside, Daniel ran up to the Alabama Wing House and got us a bunch of wings for supper. Diesel and Leroy were delighted with this turn of events! :) They even got to help out with the wings! Now that they've each had a much-needed shower, we plan to finish the remainder of the evening with Danl and the boys piled out on the couch, and me curled up in my favorite, red chair from Grammie. It's the best way to spend an evening; all sittin' around together, our stomachs full of wings and "mug brownie", (just had to make another one today!) and the heater blasting merrily away....

5 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at Mel's comment:) As Sharon blissfully relates an inviting picture of pure bliss, Mel has to come up with the down side of it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have simply witnessed it before. There was simply hair every where. I vacummed and vacummed and the sweeper simply just wouldnt get it all. I simply gave up. SHARON DONT MEAN TO MAKE YOU MAD I THINK IT IS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROTFL!!!Sorry Sharon, I luv you tons but I hav had my laughs at ur sis:) I can just picture it all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, Mel's description is quite accurate, sad to say! But I was simply trying to focus on the positve with that post! And I do love the dogs tremenduously! I even slept out in the living room with them last night! :) they do shed awfully, but when you think of the surface area of hair that two huge bulldogs have, it's probably equivalent to having 6 small dogs in your house! That's why they don't live indoors all the time anymore.

    ReplyDelete