Friday, February 10, 2012

Brownie in a Mug!!!

I came across this recipe the other day and promptly HAD to try it out! It's super fast to stir up and fabulously fudgy! I've made it two days in a row. (somehow I managed to refrain today, only because I was baking cookie dough cupcakes!) The first day I had it plain with Bluebell ice cream, and yesterday I mixed in mini M&M's and topped it with frozen Cool Whip! Who knows what I'll add to tomorrow's mug brownie; I think I am addicted to this form of a chocolate fix! Following is the link to the website where you can see step by step photos and some other sumptuous variations!  http://blogs.babble.com/family-kitchen/2011/09/13/two-minute-mug-brownie/  Just follow the simple instructions below if you want to make it without delay! I used 1/8 tsp salt and added a small splash of vanilla too. Let me know if you like this novel dessert, and if you come up with some other cool additions!

Two-Minute Mug Brownie
Adapted from Instructables.com
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch salt
2 Tbsp canola or other mild vegetable oil
2 Tbsp milk, coffee or water
In a heatproof mug or ramekin, stir together the dry ingredients until no lumps remain. Stir in the oil and milk until you have a thick paste.
Microwave on high for a minute, checking it after 30 seconds (microwaves vary) – it will be done when it’s springy on top but still a bit gooey – like the very best brownie. Eat warm.

6 comments:

  1. I would substitute the oil for butter. They butter would add more salt!!, and seem to give it more flavor. Just a thought... guess I should try it first...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that would be delish, Mel! Although it would take longer as you would have to melt the butter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't WAIT to try it!!!! Sounds soooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I gave it a try:) instead of milk I did instant coffee:) It was very faint tho cud hardly tell there was coffee in it:( I wasn't totally sure it was done but it was start n t smell a little burnt:) Justin was standing there the whole time, mom, what u making, is it good? It doesnt look good but Im sure it is:) Can I try some too..... when I got done what I wanted I gave it to him and he thot it was pretty good, said if this is what coffee taste like its good:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, Justin! ;) it doesn't really look done even when it is! If it was smellin' burnt, I'd be worried you did it too long! Mel did one for 60 seconds and said it was too done. How long did you cook it? 60 is perfect in my micro.

    ReplyDelete