Tuesday, February 14, 2012

happy heart day

  Today was one of the most special Valentines Days I can remember! Last night, Daniel told me we should just go ahead and give our little gifts for each early, since I was babysitting Jackson and Mckenna so Summer could work with her mom at her florist shop today. I thought that was a great idea too! :) I love presents, and opening them sooner versus later is always okay with me! My delightful gift dark chocolate espresso beans and Dove milk chocolates was tied up with para cord (definitely a man's ribbon!) I decided to skip the candies for Daniel this year and get him what he really wants, which is ammo for his gun! So he was as tickled pink with his box of bullets as I was with my sweets! I happily went to work today, feeling blessed and loved, and totally not expecting the huge suprise I was in for later. Once Summer was back home, I was preparing to leave when I noticed a stunning bouquet of velvet red roses on the counter. My first thought was that they were hers from Ricky, but no! The tag said "Sharon"! I was very confused! And then I opened the card which said "Love, Daniel"! He had arranged it all with her to be a sweet surprise for me.....I was touched!
  For supper,Wade's and we decided to grill out at their place instead of mingling with the masses eating out in town. We dined in fine style on grilled shrimp with mushrooms and onions, ribeye steaks, cheesy potatoes, fresh-baked bread sticks, caesar salad, and red 7-up jello, with coffee and chocolate-covered strawberries for dessert. Our stomachs felt the love! A happy Valentines was had by all....

No comments:

Post a Comment