Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Chocolate Brownie Pudding




 

I made this Chocolate Brownie Pudding this past Sunday to take down to Mom and Bill's house where we enjoyed a wonderful evening of great food and fantastic friends! This pudding was so good and sinfully rich! I made 1 1/2 recipes to fill a 9x13 pan. Next time, I will bake it a touch longer as it was gooier ( is gooier even a word?! y'all know what I mean though! ) than the pic above that was with the recipe. Twas sorta like a chocolate lave cake!

Ingredients

  • 2 sticks Unsalted Butter ( I used salted, and added 1/4 tsp extra salt!)
  • ¾ cups Cocoa Powder
  • ½ cups Flour
  • 4 Large Eggs
  • 2 cups Sugar
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
  • 1 Tablespoon Kahlua ( I used hazelnut liqueur since I didn't have Kahlua.)
  • Vanilla Ice Cream, To Serve (Or whipped topping)

Preparation Instructions

Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Lightly butter a 9×9 baking dish.
Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
Sift the cocoa powder and flour together and set aside.
Beat the eggs and sugar on medium-high speed for 10 minutes, until very thick and light yellow. After 10 minutes, reduce the speed to low and add the vanilla, Kahlua, and the cocoa powder and flour mixture. Mix very slowly until just combined.
Slowly pour in the cooled butter and mix again until combined. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and place it in a larger baking pan. Add warm water to the pan until it comes halfway up the side of the dish.
Bake for 1 hour. It will look like it’s under-baked but it isn’t!
Remove from the water and place in the fridge to cool. Serve alone or with ice cream.
 

4 comments:

  1. hey that is NOT fair!!! I have been wanting to try this for a long time! Any left over?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO there wasn't any left! :( sorry, sis! I'll make you another one! :)

      Delete
  2. The recipe looks delicious! One of my favorites is a recipe a lot like this but this one looks even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time, I'd like to layer it thick with southern pecans!!! :) yummmmm!!!

      Delete