Friday, July 13, 2012

a touch of chevron

Yesterday afternoon I indulged in a bit of retail therapy at Dirt Cheap, and this amazing chevron lampshade was my consolation prize! It's currently selling on target.com for $26.99 which is not the delightful, thrifty price of $8.72 that I paid. Luckily, it's in awesome condition; no dents and was still in the original wrapping! For all my chevron adoration, I didn't have the first hint of it in our home yet. (great intentions are planned though! such as navy chevron curtains in the studio/guest room, and a black and white chevron DIY paint job on my file cabinet) I love how this gold shade spruces up the living room atop my handmade cedar lamp from Grandpa Smith. It sure makes the couch cry out for a modern, neutral slipcover though.....

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm imagining it in your living room now. :) I found some awesome picture frames for my living room at bed, bath, and beyond. Sadly, the price was beyond what you paid for your shade but they match perfectly and I hadn't bought anything new for this house. :) I had a little birthday money left. :)

      Delete
    2. can't wait to see them! :) sometimes a splurge is so worth it!

      Delete