Monday, July 2, 2012

wonderful weekend

I'm sadly behind with blogging! Here's to getting current!

FRIDAY




Daniel's mom and I shopped Foley! We had a delightful time browsing about Tree's N Trends, {LOVE that store! Didn't realize we had one local!} Olde Time Pottery, {where I snagged a fab, orange pot that will soon be my shrimp plant's new home!} Home Depot, Lowes, and the outlets! We lunched at the Wolf Bay Lodge, devouring the best fried shrimp po'boys and crispiest, sweet tater fries ever! We finished the day with ice cream from Stacey's Rexall Drugs,{my blue whale is still there waiting for me! Didn't purchase him since I'm trying to curb nonessential spending!} and since I hadn't ever had the "Burris Experience", we stopped in at Burris Farms for a quick tour and some coconut bars, diet cokes, and peaches! Loved the "Birthday Shopping Day!"
FRIDAY EVENING

The Royce Schneider Family celebrated the birthdays of Daniel, Anthony, Sharon, and Marilyn with one exotic disco supper! Fresh salsa, watermelon, homemade ice cream, cast iron skillet brownies, and blackberry cobbler complemented the meal. The evening ended in a perfect way with piles of presents and cards! :)


SATURDAY


The Schneider Family, sadly minus Daniel and Dad, went on a canoeing trip at the Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve! It was a splendid day - we had the river almost all to ourselves! We swam, dove, and just relaxed on the banks and every so often leisurely paddled our canoes a bit farther....Life on the river at its best!







2 comments:

  1. Glad u got lots of gifts:) I have one here for you just need a way to get it down there:) The conoeing trip sure sounds fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love canoeing but haven't been in years. The children are all old enough now it would probably work for us to go.

    ReplyDelete