Tuesday, July 3, 2012

this 'n that



Pioneer Woman's Iced Coffee is happily brewing on the counter. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/06/perfect-iced-coffee/

It's America's birthday tomorrow!!

Sure hope the sky will soon unburden itself.....the grass is getin' crispy and the road it's getin' dusty.

Our house is so clean for a change that it feels like we are trespassing.

Impossible Pie {page 225 in Friends and Family Cookbook} is impossible not to love! It even makes its own crust! How awesome is that?! Shame on me, but I was too lazy this past Sunday afternoon to make another batch of  pie crust; hence this pie is what I took to Ben and Erica's reception. Its purty ugly, so only 1 piece got gone! I wasn't sad though; the leftovers have been just the thing for breakfast the last two days!


I just finished reading American Sniper by Chris Kyle. What an amazing life! I have the deepest thankfulness to those who choose to give their lives to the effort of keeping America the land of the free. Their service enables me to live the nonresistant life I feel God wants me to. In gratitude, I want to give of myself by showing kindness, respect, and service to others in any way I can.


Tomorrow I will attempt to organize my stamping/card making hobby into my new, colorful, rolling organizer thingy that was a much-wished-for item on my birthday list! Thanks, Mom and Dad!


So glad blogger has auto-save! Daniel accidentally x-out my rough draft, but thankfully it was still there waiting for me to finish writing more nonsense when I logged back on!


My pillow calleth....I will answer. Goodnight!





2 comments:

  1. I read your blog and printed off the recipe again and have some coffee brewed and will be ready for an afternoon pick-me-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her recipe is the BEST! I'm fixin' to have some here directly. :)

      Delete