Monday, January 28, 2013

expanding my word-hoard!

This was a new one on me! Was the word "word-hoard" a part of your word-hoard?! It wasn't a part of mine before a few moments ago, but tis now! I rather like it and think I will use it frequently.




word-hoard \WURD-hawrd\ , noun:
A person's vocabulary.

Word-hoard first occurred in modern English in the 1890s. It was a literal translation of the Old English word wordhord which meant "a store of words."


On a different note here, today is my last day to prepare for entering the classroom tomorrow! I will be scooting off to WHCS momentarily to make lesson plans and just get my head into it! I'm so thankful that today is a semester break. Surprisingly, I feel semi-calm and ready to just do this. Thanks to my dearest friend, Jill, who whipped up TWO new frocks for me in basically a few breaths, I even feel like my wardrobe is ready! {THANKS again, Jill!} I only managed to eek out a meager 1 new dress. The PINK one. Maybe the kid's should call me Mrs. Barbie on the day I wear it! "When push comes to shove" is a GOOD thing for me since it forces me to do the things I should do anyway, but don't! I cleaned out Beatrice's fishbowl, organized the deep-freeze {ready for bake day food! :)}, wiped out the fridge, overhauled the spice cabinet, straightened the cookbook cabinet, and finished deep-cleaning the orange bathroom. FEELS. SO. GOOD. to have those things DONE. Now, if I can just keep up with my star chart while I'm teaching....
over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment