Saturday, January 26, 2013

my prayer

Oh Lord....grant me sight to see the beauty in each child, each person you've created. To focus on what's inside no matter how the outside appears.
Help me to see color on a grey day....to behold the peace that comes after a storm.
Please blind my eyes to the faults of those I love, knowing that I also do and say the most unlovable things!
Let my eyes cease to rest upon the mess....but rather focus on the fact that LIFE is being LIVED exuberantly!
Lord, grant me the vision to truly see into the little hearts of the children entrusted into my guidance, that I can know when are already doing the best they can, and when they are not. Then, help me to give them the shove of love from above!
Lord, sharpen the vision of the eyes in the back of my head, help me see when the clock says it's time to be in bed!
Please give me eyes that twinkle with surprise...and when I've been wrong, eyes that cry and apologize.
Give me blindness to things that bring worry, but please give me sight for this challenge that lies ahead.
AMEN.
 
 
written by SMF
01.26.13

9 comments:

  1. You will do great! I'm all behind you with love and prayers! Any problems with my daughter, do not hesitate to call me! Very inspiring poem/prayer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, and I don't anticipate making any call to you of that nature! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Made Bill tear up when I read it to him. You will do a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You WILL do a super job! I know!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know when I can be of help! I am sure you'll do a terrific job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will do wonderful Sharon. You are talented in so many ways. The children will love you.

    ReplyDelete