Wednesday, January 9, 2013

one year old!

I just checked the records and found that 2 days ago, this blog had it's first anniversary which slipped by completely unheeded! 215 posts ago, that cold, wintry, January day that I decided to give it a whirl seems like ages ago, yet only yesterday! I purposed to write every day of the week except Sunday, but I ended up being 96 posts short of that! Oh well, it would have been shocking if I had truly been able to follow through with that... but it's been great, it's been good, and I want to keep writing! Writing does so much for me! It's relaxation, therapy, knowledge, friendship, and much more! And it doesn't hurt that it keeps my typing up to speed! :) Thanks for being my faithful followers, friends and family! You've given me tips, advice, and encouragement for our crazy, happy, wonderful, everyday life! My happiness bubbleth up and runneth over....and maketh a big mess like usual! :) Ta-da!
Since an anniversary is an occasion calling for sprinkles, here's the recipe for a sprinkly dessert I want to make soon! Pinned Image
Ice Cream Cupcakes
Ingredients
  • To make the cake part:
  • cake mix and the ingredients on the box to make cake and cupcake liners
  • Ice Cream:
  • Cake Batter Ice Cream of Choice I used the recipe found here: http://annies-eats.com/2010/05/14/cake-batter-ice-cream/ Blue Bell also makes a cake batter ice cream called "Krazy Cookie Dough".
  • Stabilized Whip Cream:
  • I used the recipe found here: http://www.food.com/recipe/wilton-stabilized-whipped-cream-79506
Instructions
  • Make the cake part of the cupcakes first using cupcake liners inside muffin tin. Fill with 1/4 inch of cake batter and cooking until they bounce back (about 10 mins). Once cooled leave the liners and cake inside of the muffin tin and put your softened ice cream on top of the cake until it reaches the top of the liners.Freeze in the freezer until the ice cream is hardened (about 2 hours). Right before serving top with the stabilized whip cream and some sprinkles! Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Sprinkles! LOL! I love your blog! Gives me a peek into your life that I don't get otherwise! Makes me smile nearly (if not every) time. Guess sometimes I cry! Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! :) and I'm still waiting for yours! I thought too, later that I should have added that y'all have shared the tears and the smiles, and that means so much to me!!

      Delete
    2. Can hardly keep up with what has to be done... much less maintain a blog!

      Delete
  2. LOVE your blog! Keep up the good work! I know you're fixin to be super busy and we understand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! ;) I know, the posts might be kinda sparse!!

      Delete