Wednesday, January 23, 2013

like a clock during a thunderstorm

 I LOVE this quote! I am aspiring to be like a clock in a storm!

Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm.”
-Robert Louis Stevenson


Seattle's Best Coffee Ground Coffee, Vanilla
Seattle's Best Coffee in Vanilla flavor is truly superb! I bought some because the bag had red on it, and a picture of ice cream.

One, single, solitary, lonely kumquat on my tree is ALMOST orange enough to eat!

Bringing Down the House by Ben Mezrich is a fascinating, nonfiction read! So amazing how smart human beings can actually be!

I haven't earned 4 stars on my chart for days now....Yesterday I didn't earn ANY! Got up at 8:02, didn't make the bed, didn't clean up the house, was 20 minutes late to my Dr. ap, arrived to buy dog food at the elevator 2 minutes after they had closed, was 45 minutes late to the potluck in the evening! {Talk about ruffled feathers ALL day long!} And went to bed after 10:00 with the kitchen looking like a disaster zone! BUT, I WILL TRY AGAIN TODAY! :) Already have 1 star for getting up at 7! Yay!

I wore my coral pink dress last night. Pink must be magical; I feel like a different person wearing pink...

Daniel had some luck this morning! He is on his way home from hunting with what he tells me is a strange, weird buck! a cull. Can't wait to see it!

So long!

4 comments:

  1. aw... sorry about no stars! I have been very faithfully getting my bed made every morning! Now I need to add something else to the list! lol I'm thinking it should be exercise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should add that too!!! Goodness, I've been so tuckered out from playing ball with the kids it's embarrassing!!

      Delete
  2. Good choice of coffee but I still think we drink the best around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y'all drink Keen's, right? :) I thought about getting some from Shirley's store the other day, but it was whole bean and I don't have a grinder. Does a blender or mini chopper work?!

      Delete