Monday, January 21, 2013

back to blogging!

I don't have a long time to ponder over this post, so please forgive my scattered ramblings! Life hasn't skipped a beat lately! Roxie's shower went down without a hitch in a plume of purple and teal. Mel and I left the next morning with Aunt Donna to spend the weekend in MS with Gramps for Grandpa's 91st birthday. Mom and Rhonda followed a bit later, and Uncle Mark and Aunt Tricia were ahead of us! We had a dashing time; lots of good laughs, good times, and good donuts I must add! The chocolate creme filled ones are the bomb! {think Wendy's frosty in donut form!} I was also so pleased to get a firsthand lesson on how to make peanut brittle from the master! {thanks, Uncle Mark!} Now I need to try my hand at it while it is fresh in my mind! Saturday was a day packed with celebration! Shopping, eating at Ryan's, seeing old friends, and of course PRESENTS! :)  Sunday was spent having church and lunch at the Home; always so special to me!! The residents there along with our grandparents and others in the cottages are shining examples of being cheerful, accepting, and happy in the golden years! We said our sad goodbyes Sunday afternoon and headed home to our hubbys! {except for Mel I must clarify unless she thrash me! :)} We were felt quite privileged to have a substantial stash of new fabric riding along home with us. Since mating season seems to be in full swing, it feels good to have a bit of a buffer for all these wedding on the horizon! So all in all, it twas a weekend filled to the brim with great memories and rare quality time with my sisters! Kinda ironic that we have to go out of state to be able to spend time together!

2 comments:

  1. Didn't realize Rhonda got to go too! I'm so jealous! Glad you all got to go, tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was VERY last minute for her!!! Wade offered to keep both boys :) Sure wish you coulda come too!!!

      Delete