Tuesday, July 2, 2013

{not} too much birthday!

How I loved my Monte Cristo sandwich at Cheddars today! Thanks, Aunt Sue, for the scrummy birthday lunch!! I'd always had a hankering to try one of these novel sandwiches, and today was the day! It exceeded my expectations! It's a strange sammie, no doubt! It consists of ham, turkey, and cheese between slices of bread dipped in a pancake-like batter and deep-fried served with a dusting of powdered sugar and a raspberry jam dipping sauce...Think fried donut with raspberry filling, but somehow still a ham sandwich! The marvelous blending of sweet and salty is unparalleled! I highly recommend it if you end up at Cheddars! Aunt Sue and I had a splendid day. I got my allergy shots, we browsed Bed, Bath, and Beyond, ate birthday lunch, shopped Target, and ended up with $.50 Burger King cones! Once home, I buckled down and blanched our annual two bushels of zipper peas! Now they are resting {pea}cefully in the freezer. Zip, zip, hooray! That done, going to Piggly at 9:00 seemed a wonderful idea! It was blissful to browse in a practically people-less place.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY Word! I must say sis you do sometimes scare me! That doesnt look appealing at all! Oh well glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete