Friday, July 5, 2013

happy b'day, america! {& happiness project!}


    Happy Belated Birthday, America! We celebrated by staying home, sleeping in, smoking venison, watching the neighbors' fireworks from our front porch, and being extremely lazy!!! It was good. The dogs enjoyed hanging out in the house since the weather was so blah. I did spend some time pondering on my happiness project...and decided to start! Now is now! July will be "Healthy Habits" month. I printed out Gretchen's blank resolution chart and filled it in with the following 10 resolutions, many are the same ones I was aspiring to in January. I hope I will do better with actually visibly charting my progress. My bestie Jill started her happiness project back in January. She says it is really helping her! You go, Jill! She told me that I am trying to do way too much this month, that I should start smaller, but I just couldn't decide which things to leave off my chart. Really, they are all quite piddly things that "normal" people probably do every day without even realizing it! Oh well, I have to be ME! And these things are HARD for me!

~ God first. {Have some quiet time of devotions before getting online etc.}

~ Move it! {Do some form of exercise no matter how short! Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good!}

~ Make the bed.

~ Scan the news. {Just a quick look at the headlines on ABC, NE, & CNN goes a long way to feeling "with it."}

~ G'morning, Kitchen! G'nite, House! {Do the dishes, straighten up the house before bed.}

~ Post on my blog. {It's so much more fun to stay current.}

~ Sleep 8. {Get my beauty sleep! lol }

~ Drink 6. {Drinking the recommended 8 glasses of water is basically unattainable for me so I'm trying for 6.}

~ No ruffled feathers. {Be on time instead of always late!}

~ Tackle a nagging task. {Big or small, it feels so good!}

THERE! You have it! This is what I am trying to focus on during July. Already, it is amazing how much happier I feel when I do these little things and can put a star on my chart! Hopefully by doing these things every day, they will soon become healthy habits! Already today I have tackled a nagging task, {cleaned off my desk} slept 8 hours, had my God time, scanned the news, am blogging, and am fixing to make the bed with a happy smile on my face! Then, I need to get over to my mom's to help her make all the BBQ sauce for the reception Sunday night. {We girls helped her bake all the buns on Wednesday!! Wow! That was a project! 10 batches of dough!} My feathers are getting slightly ruffled though because I really wanted to have been at Mom's long ago already...

BTW, only 4 more days until I draw out the name of the winner of the Happiness Project book! So if you haven't commented, go to the "giveaway happiness" post and get your comment typed in!

No comments:

Post a Comment