Tuesday, October 9, 2012

i should be in bed.....but I'm NOT!

It appears as if the story of my life this week will be as follows! Drag self out of bed, scarf down some breakfast, spend a rewarding day at school, dash over to Dad's to work in the office, slap over the housework, and hit the hay! Repeat, repeat, repeat!! So don't expect many posts from me, but if I get a chance, I will peck away! Writing is my way to relax.....and of course browsing pinterest is quite therapeutic too! :) We did have a great weekend! Michelle was down from Canada for week; we were privileged to be with her, MomDenise, Erica, and Cam for a bountiful Sunday spread at Kevin and Debbie's. Loved the Starbuck's Cinnamon Dolce coffee! {thanks for giving me some, Michelle!} I was supposed to take a sweet salad, and of course did not have much on hand for a typical fruit one. So I cobbled together something I will call "Caramel Apple Pecan Cheesecake Fluff." Might as well name it something fancy-shmancy! :)

{All the amounts are approximately what I think I dumped in!}

Whip 1 pkg cream cheese with 1 cup granulated sugar until nice and creamy. Gently stir in 2 cups cooked apple pie filling. Fold in 16 oz. Cool Whip, then add 1 cup toasted pecans. Layer in pretty bowl with 1/4 cup of caramel ice cream topping dribbled between layers. Chill thoroughly. Then stuff your face!!!
{This "salad" is basically a dessert, but as we Mennonites love to do, we'll just call it a salad, and have dessert and eat it too!}

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a million for the recipe! Can't wait to try it out for Kelly. Sorry we couldn't be together more but there's always next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome! :) Let me know if he likes it! Felt bad that I was so swamped with other stuff this week...but the beach idea sounds perfect for next time!

      Delete