Saturday, October 20, 2012

i like the dress!!!

Well, the other day, I found a plump lil package waiting on my red chair for me! My QVC dress had arrived!! Yay! I made myself calmly finish what I was doing before madly opening it up and trying it on. I instantly loved the shade of grey! Point number one in its favor. Didn't love that it is baggier around the waist than how I sew my dresses. Point taken away. And here is a narrative of how my thoughts continued....... "Love, love, love how soft and comfy it feels! Point added again. So awesome that it's long enough! {So many store-bought dresses would be way too short for me.} Add another point. Sorta like the cowl collar. Thankful the neck hole isn't gaping. Another point added. I could wear this dress even if I someday expand. {???} Slap another point on the "keep it" column. It needs a black button or something to dress it up in the front...looks a bit frumpy as is. Take a point away for having to get out needle and thread. It would cost $6.95 to send it back. Add a point in favor to keep it." And so on and so forth! More points to keep it than to return it! When I modeled it for Danl, he commented that he thought it looked a bit odd, but I couldn't get him to actually say "what" it was that made it appear that way! {men! :) lol!} I yanked off the tags and washed it to fortify my decision to keep it. But I am not scrambling to get the second dress ordered in a another color like I thought I might do if I just adored it. It kinda sank home to me that I should learn a lesson from this rash, dress-ordering decision....it could be summed up as follows:
 "If thou knowest how to sew custom fitted clothes for thyself, do so without complaining and be thankful for this talent that has been taught and passed down unto thee." Amen.

4 comments:

  1. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could try a wide black belt with it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's good thot! I don't have one, but that could be remedied! :)

      Delete
  3. can't wait to see it! :D

    ReplyDelete