Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fall Day With Friends and Possible Date for Pumpkin Party?

 
 Will Wednesday, October 17, 2012 suit y'all for the Pumpkin Decorating Party???
 
I sure hope so, because I think that will be the only day possible for me to host it since I am going to be working at school for a month starting Monday. (Miss Smith is going to south FL to get her new guide dog.) Please comment and let me know if this will work for you! Come around 10 am, armed with your pumpkin or pumpkins, decorating supplies for your choice of design, (we can share and use each others extra supplies etc. too!) and something lunchy-brunchy, sweet or salty! Drinks will be provided.
 


Slab Apple Pie!!! http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2010/09/06/would-a-pie-by-any-other-name-taste-as-sweet-yes-if-its-apple-slab/ This pic is makin' my heart go pitter-patter! So to conquer my overexcited pulse, I am fixing to get in the kitchen and make this delectable dessert to take to our annual Fall Day with Friends. My hubby and some others always go dove hunting together, so we girls like to spend the afternoon  doing something creative and crafty. :) A little bird told me that Homemade Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes may be in the works for an afternoon slurpy.....


 
Pumpkin Spice Latte (Vegan, Gluten Free)
1. Make coffee (a pot, a cup, in whatever fashion and however you prefer making your coffee. The stronger the better)
2. Make Pumpkin Milk
1 c milk (I used almond milk but use any kind you want from half and half to rice milk)
1/4 heaping cup pumpkin puree (more if you really love pumpkin)
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend, or to taste
1 tsp cinnamon, or to taste
1 tsp vanilla extract
sweetener of choice, to taste (I suggest 2 tbsp agave or 2 tbsp brown sugar or a pinch of stevia to taste; or try honey, maple syrup, etc. to taste)
Optional: pinch of ground nutmeg, ginger, garam masala, cardamom, or other warming spices to taste
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well by hand or blend all ingredients using a Vita or blender
Optional: Warm the finished pumpkin milk mixture in the microwave or on the stovetop (I do a quick nuke of about 1 minute)
3. Pour 1 c of brewed coffee into a mug and pour half the pumpkin milk mixture over the top of the coffee and enjoy. (Optional: Finish by garnishing with real whipped cream/whipped topping such as CoolWhip or TruWhip; and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice/cinnamon on top)
The other half of the pumpkin milk mixture is for the refill you know you will want. If you truly don’t want a refill, refrigerate it for up to a few days and use for your next latte, in a smoothie, or drink it as is. As long as you’re dirtying dishes, I always make a little extra for refills or for later.
Notes:
The spices will not “blend” or entirely dissolve. This is to be expected and normal. If this bothers you, this may not the recipe for you and you may want to experiment with other recipes or techniques.
All spices and seasonings are to taste; in this case, mine. If you want to reduce the spices (or increase them), obviously adjust everything according to your own taste preferences. Some people may find the amounts I used a bit strong, but I like robust flavors.

9 comments:

  1. awww...would love to come to your pumpkin party!btw, check out pinterest cuz i pinned some pumpkin carving templates for your bash. didn't check them out, but maybe they are something you could use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!!! will check them out! :) maybe you should have a pumkin party the same day and we could be together is spirit! lol

      Delete
  2. I will be there. (I wish) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If wishes were horses.....:) How was the wedding?

      Delete
    2. HUGE wedding!!!! I talked about it on my blog:)

      Delete
    3. Yeah I read it there then! :) thot later it was dumb to ask here, cuz I knew you'd write about it! lol

      Delete
  3. I just made the Pumpkin Spice Latte and it was soooo good! Made my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good deal! :) totally not worth spending almost $4 bucks for one at Starbucks when these are so delish!

      Delete
  4. I so needed this today!! I was gonna make me a pumpkin spice latte (or rather he was gonna make me one) and I even had an open can of pumpkin in the fridge and dear hubby rained on my parade and told me pumpkin SPICE lattes were made with pumpkin spice not pumpkin. I will show him this tomorrow and he can make me another LOL

    ReplyDelete