Friday, August 10, 2012

the first pricks of the needle!

I've now been stuck in each arm with a mean mixture of deadly (not quite!) serum! It is so interesting to me how this all works! You get injected with the stuff that your body fights tooth and nail against, and it's supposed to cure you! Pretty cool, eh? :) It didn't hurt; twas only the tiniest of pricks, but the entrance points did turn kinda red and itchy which is normal. She bagged up the remaining serum like a McDonald's to-go order which I will take to Dr. McIntyre, and I spent the rest of the day shopping with Rhonda, Neil, and Marnita. We were pleased to find pretty much everything we need to complete the bedroom/bathroom makeover we are implementing at the teachers' house. I can't wait to see it all in its finished splendor! The luxurious charcoal grey rugs need to be put down, the black and white striped hand towel put up, the black and white striped shower curtain hung, the pop-of-fuchsia throw pillow plopped on the bed, and some vibrant green plants added for the maximum "freshness" effect! Now we just hope that Mel will be as pleased as we are! I must needs get going here as I have a somewhat complicated "over the hill" Novus cake to get baked and decorated for Cameron Boeckner's surprise 40th birthday party tonight! Wish me luck! (I definitely need it on this one!)

4 comments:

  1. That's so neat what ya'll did!!!!
    So how did the 40th bday party go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a smashing surprise!!! :) a really fun party!

      Delete
  2. You should be an interior decorator! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I would have the qualifications for that!! It would be a fun job though! :)

      Delete