Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Gratitude Journal

On July 16 I started a "Gratitude Journal" to foster feeling of thankfulness instead of my too normal grumps and gripes about everything! I do think its working, not that I don't ever complain! But it is getting easier to count my blessing instead of my bummers! Here's a few entries from various days...

 ~ I'm thankful that I can choose to make each day magical!

 ~ I'm thankful that it doesn't take long to clean our small trailer house.

~ I'm that Bailey fixed my dryer and front porch light!

~ So grateful that I am surrounded by beauty...

~ I'm thankful that Danl notices and cares about how I feel, my moods etc. Even if he doesn't understand why I feel the way I do, he tries to make me feel better!

~ I'm thankful that life forces me to step outside my comfort zone.

~ I'm thankful for peace and quiet and a cuppa tea.

~ I'm thankful for days without deadlines and just enough $ in the checking account!

~ I'm thankful that I can think, and dream, and plan!

~ I'm thankful for Saturdays when we can cook and hang out together...

~ I'm thankful that I can go to church and be saturated with God's love and the love of the people that love me...

~ I am so thankful that CHA wants to help me! :)

~ I am extremely grateful to have my "sparkle" back again...to be thrilled and excited about life!

~ What would I do without my sisters and true friends?!

~ So grateful that we don't live in New Orleans! ( today's entry! :)

5 comments:

  1. I sure haven't noticed that you're ever grumpy and gripey!?! I should keep a gratitude journal too... I love when I get that full up thankful feeling! :) Sometimes even making biscuits for my family gives it to me... :) (Glad to be a Southern girl? LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making real, homemade food does bring out that "glad to be alive" feeling! :) And I am with you on being thankful to be southern! I love our culture and standard of manners.

      Delete
  2. I read your blog this morn and got all teary. (The Smith coming out in me, I guess!) I was reproved! I guess I need to have a gratitude journal, too! All our disappointments in life wouldn't get us down so easily if we were truly thankful! I"m thankful for you! You brighten my days with your cheeriness! Keep it up! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... you bout made me cry too! Life isn't easy for any of us, we all have things that we didn't think we signed up for... You are an amazing mom that I look up to! Love you too! :)

      Delete
  3. Yes! I will start a "Gratitude Journal" tonight! I think that will help even out some of my mountains n valleys of late :)

    ReplyDelete