Friday, August 3, 2012

lucky stars

Are some things just luck? Does everything happen for a reason? Or is everything a result of specific choices we make? I don't know the answers to these profound questions, but I do know that it seemed as if my lucky stars were aligned today! About a week and a half ago, I had spied an outdoor patio bench originally from Target at Dirt Cheap. It was the perfect solution for porch seating, and was terrifically priced at 60% off $175 which made it only $70! But, sad to say, the stingy manager proclaimed that it was mis-marked; that the correct price was $250! I walked away benchless. But, as the days passed, I kept checking back to make sure that it was still there buried amidst the other furniture and debris, and hoping to see that the price had fallen to 70% off. Today I dashed in as usual to check, and lo and behold if it wasn't STILL there and WAS finally 70% off! I gleefully paid $75 and then faced the obstacle of getting it home. Daniel had all 3 mowers with him so it couldn't fit in the trailer. Mel and I were in Mom's car and it couldn't possibly be scrunched in the trunk. So thank my lucky stars that Kevin Mininger happened to be in Dirt Cheap at precisely the right time! He saved the day by generously offering to take the bench to the house for me on his way home! I love the classy look of the dark wicker accented with the green throw pillows I nabbed from the couch. (Which means I have to soon sew some of the lovely, crafty pillows I have been pinning on pinterest to replace them!) I sat on it for awhile this evening, and even managed to get Daniel to sit with me for half a second! I think it will be a lovely addition to our lives.....I may even sleep out on it tonight! Just kidding, I love my own bed too dearly!
(Check out the pic below. My bench is just like the one pictured, but doesn't have the back cushions. Who knows where in the world they are?! It's very comfortable without them, so I'm not stressing. This set is $799 at Target!)

Melanie and I are striking out for Brooksville tomorrow to visit our grandparents! Aunt Sue is going with us to visit some friends of hers. So we are all excited to take a short vaca! I'm leaving the laptop, and won't be blogging until Monday.

Adios mi amigos and familia! Have a superb weekend!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you finally got you somthing to sit on, on your front porch:) Now when I come down I can sit on it with ya and we can solve the worlds problems and sip lemonade, or frappes or sweet tea:) Who cares as long as your with a friend right? :)

    ReplyDelete