Wednesday, August 22, 2012

cRaAAazy days...

This week has not at all been like last week! Which is a good thing; t'wouldn't be good for all weeks to be alike! Last week it seemed I had just enough time at home each day to complete the daily pressing duties and stay on top of clutter and cleaning! But this week has been hectically different. Monday, I went to school to decorate Miss Smith's classroom. She choose "Mother West Wind - Smiling Pool" for her theme. It was fun to be surrounded by frogs, birds, squirrels, skunks, and various other pond and woodland animals. Melanie helped for awhile too, which was tremendously advantageous. Miss Smith served us tacos with homemade corn tortillas for lunch! What a treat! Also "Peanut Butter Panic" ice cream! Swoon.... A crazy evening followed; I ripped around town getting an insurance paper delivered for Daniel, getting my car tires rotated, and discovering that I couldn't get my allergy shots because the doc happened to be out of town for the day! Groan..... Uncle Kevin blessed us with fresh mullet fillets in the evening, so after yet another run to town for grease and fish-fri, we had a late supper of fried fish 'n cheese grits. Yum.... Mom was in MS, so Dad, Tony, and Mel dined with us too. She stayed night. I love my lil sis! :) Tuesday, she and I stopped by school to finish up the classroom decor, before heading down to P'cola to shop and go to my doc appointment. We hit Tarjay, Taste of India for lunch (this could be a whole 'nother post!! was superb!), Everman's, doc, and Cordova Mall. A delightful day! Other than the 1.5 wait at the dr. office... Today, I met Rhonda around 8 this morn to catch a ride to Century to spend the day painting at an old house Wade is working on. The hours passed swiftly as we began transforming the house from dingy to delightful, yakking all the while! I love my big sis! :) We painted til 5. Once home, I cooked supper, cleaned up the kitchen, did some laundry, and straightened up. Now I am zapped of all energy; zonked out on the couch. I am utterly, totally, completely, hopelessly exhausted!! My sleep bank is dangerously low, verging on depletion. To bed I shall head. G'nite y'all! The Princess with the Paintbrush must get her rest to be able to wave the brush and wag the tongue tomorrow! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey where is that Taste of India? We absoulutly LOVE India food!!!! I want to go there when we come down for Rusty's wedding!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's downtown on Cervantes St. It was VERY authentic down to the goat curry! :)

      Delete