Friday, November 23, 2012

happy black friday!

Black Friday 2012 found me sleeping soundly in bed! This year, Black Friday "sleeping" sounded better than "shopping!" Daniel didn't have to work, so we just slept until we awoke, which was around 9. Then we lazed around and ate a can of Pillsbury Orange Danish Rolls for breakfast. Perfecto! Around 2:30, I decided to go Black Friday shopping after all! {in Atmore! lol} Netted 1 Christmas present at Goody's and a 2 liter at Family Dollar for $.88! Yay! Then I walked two laps in the park as I am still feeling rather enormous after all the food I consumed yesterday....We were at Uncle Kevin's for a magnificent feast of a whole roasted pig, fried turkey, and every other side dish you can imagine! Daniel and I nature-watched yesterday morning, and while he went hunting again in the evening, I went to school to see friends and play softball and volleyball. Was so fun; I miss playing sports; although I don't think they miss me! I did some major fumbling, but hopefully redeemed myself by catching one flyball! We ended up at Wade's for the evening and got in on some delicious seafood - Florida Thanksgiving menu! Finished Turkey Day eating pie and coffee with family...the best way to end a day! I need to get up now and get a pie made for a pie social that we are planning to attend tonight. Think I'll make a pecan.... The smell of tuna is wafting through the kitchen as the dogs' birthday cakes are cooling on the counter. Not the best smell ever, but they should be delighted! Gonna frost them with mashed potatoes and milkbones once they are cool. Later y'all! Tell me in comments what was the best part of your Turkey Day, and if you braved the crowds for Black Friday madness! :)

9 comments:

  1. We slept in too... til about 10:30 though! :) Missed you at the pie social! I took a lemon mousse pie... I'll let you try the leftover mousse tomorrow night. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah... lemon mousse with (real) whipped cream stars on top... :)

      Delete
    2. Wowzers!!! Let me run and get a napkin to wipe up my drool...

      Delete
    3. missed being there...but Danl shot TWO deer and by the time they were cleaned it was too late!

      Delete
  2. I heard Ness say that this lemon mousse pie sure is good! Abe's Becky had got some too and she readily agreed! I didn't get any though! Must have not seen it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright girls that's ENOUGH torture for us poor readers that weren't able to come for the pie social:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey rememember, I didn't get to go either!!! {Did get to eat my own pecan pie though, and taste Anne's lemon mousse last night! :) superb!!}

      Delete
  4. Didn't go black Friday shopping, but braved the black SATURDAY crowd in JoAnn's today. Think I waited to get some fabric cut off for 45 minutes to an hour and then waited in check out line 15-20 minutes! If I'd a known... I'd a got my ticket to have fabric cut before I even shopped for fabric. Did get a few pieces for Kaylee for school... which was what I went for. Man.... I wish I'd a known about the lemon mousse! Missed that one. Was a hard decision for me but ended up with a good piece of cherry pie. Turkey Day was OK for me.... I think the best thing on our menu was the smoked turkey! It was perfecto! Spent the afternoon playing a few games and practicing our ASL! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! They must have had great sales Sat, too? Smoked turkey and ASL sound good... I think I still remember how to sign my name...would be fun to learn all the rest of it! :)

      Delete