Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It smells like Christmas!....or not.

Is your house smelling of the piney woods, or festive cranberries, or traditional cinnamon? What smells like Christmas to you? Our house smells like garlic and gravy! Ugh! It was some good venison, but the smells that linger aren't so pleasant, and it seems I can barely detect the non-Christmasy Bath and Body Works "wallflower" scent of Mahogany Teakwood {which I do love for other months} that is feebly wafting out. Earlier, I had a Cranberry Woods bulb in, and Daniel proclaimed that it needed to be BANISHED asap. Then I screwed in a Cinnamon Stick.  Not an improvement! Fake cinnamon smell just doesn't cut it. {Don't even get me started on B&BWorks!!!} Are we too picky or what?! Should I brew orange peels and cloves? Steep real pine needles from the woods? Buy a Woodwick candle? Seems there ought to be something awesome out there for this holiday season.... Please share what tickles your nose this time 'o the year! Thanks in advance!

6 comments:

  1. I just screwed in a "leaves" wally into my B&B wallflower this morn... uhmmm smells wonderful! Reminds me abit of Big Red gum. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked sniffing your "leaves!" and Big Red is my fave! :)

      Delete
  2. Definitely the orange peels, cloves, & cinnamon sticks! Love having a kettle of that on the wood stove. Also, bake up a batch of peppernuts... Vaughn thinks that's the "true" Christmas smell! We have cinnamon & spice candles burning. The BB&W aren't as good as the McCall ones... They pass, though, in a pinch. Christmas candy making puts lots of yummy smells in the air... Have a bunch of friends over & sing & cook together! Makes the sweetest memories ever...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent ideas! :) love them all! I almost asked in the post if I should bake gingerbread everyday! Where do you get McCall candles? Haven't heard of them.

      Delete
    2. Cabela's but mostly Val's Fabrics in Buhl. I think I have seen 'em at Bass Pro but that's not for sure... Yankee Candles are perfect, too. Home Sweet Home is our favorite.

      Delete
    3. we don't have Cabela's down here :( I will look at Bass Pro tho! I usually quiver at the price of Yankees and leave them on the shelf, but they are probably worth it! :)

      Delete