Friday, December 14, 2012

did you know?

- How We Came To Celebrate Christmas on December 25th -  
 “In the 4th century, Catholic Church officials decided to institute the birth of Jesus as a holiday. Although the date of his birth is not pinpointed in the Bible, Pope Julius I chose December 25th. When Oliver Cromwell and his Puritan forces took over England in 1645 they vowed to rid England of decadence and, as part of this effort, Christmas was cancelled. Charles II was later restored to the throne by popular demand, and with him, Christmas. “
 Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
 
{I read this interesting tidbit today, and thought I'd share it!}

3 comments:

  1. Interesting! I'm wondering if you have any red velvet cake left?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya any cake left! Shouldnt even ask since ive gained mega in this last while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have some cake left that I'm hoarding in the frig.... I GUESS y'all can come over and eat a LITTLE! :) lol

    ReplyDelete