Wednesday, December 12, 2012

wishful thinking

 
Good morning!!! Can hardly believe that I got up at 5:30 a.m. and am now drinking coffee out of my favorite NYC mug, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed with a couple loads of laundry already done and a load of dishes loaded in the dishwasher! How extremely rare! The reason for this is that my hubby wanted to go hunting this morning even though it is insanely cold outside! I sure hope he is rewarded for his endurance! poor thing.... but it was his choice I guess! So I decided to be a big girl and stay up instead of going back to bed after he headed out. I just finished my bowl of Cream of Wheat which I took the time to make it like my mom did growing up...on the stove! So it turned out smooth and creamy instead of lumpy like my normal microwave version does. Yummm....and then you just have to bury some clumps of brown sugar in it while it's hot so when you are eating it, you stumble across these pockets of liquid brown sweetness....


  I wandered into World Market on Monday to finish up some Christmas shopping, and wanted to stay awhile and set up housekeeping right there in the store! That place makes me swoon....and transports me to places all over the world that I've never been! The thought even crossed my mind that it wouldn't be such a bad idea to be locked in overnight. But I decided not to hide in the aisles and forced myself to leave and go to Walmart, horror of horrors in the Christmas season! Anyway, after several hours of shopping, I had everyone crossed off my list! Yay! But, I also had compiled quite a list in my head of things that little ME wanted! Why is it so easy to shop for myself?! These are the items that have my heart pumping peanut butter! And I am amazed how domestic most of them are!


 Love these cake pop pans at World Market...


  This VS robe would be perfect to lounge in...





 Old welcome mat is on its last leg! Or shall we say "foot?!"
 
 
Or shall I get this one?! It so cracks me up!!!
 
Need a new blender... but NOT this one! It's ON SALE at Kohl's for $710!!! Don't know how a blender can ever cost that much! {I have a Food Network blender hidden at Dirt Cheap, waiting for it to go 80% off}
 
 
 Anthony gave me this shoe calendar last year, and I LOVED it! Want another one for 2013.
  Another World Market find...a single cup coffee dripper! Put in a filter, add grounds, pour hot water over, and wait for a fresh cup 'o coffee!
 
   Another item that I have hidden at DC...need to stop by and check on it today!
 

 This is probably the best thing I could spend my Christmas $ on! Perfect for zapping up crumbs and grass when you don't feel like getting out your big vacuum, while is ALWAYS for me!
 
Do y'all have your Christmas shopping all done? and your own Christmas list compiled? :)
 

11 comments:

  1. Yep all done and wrapped! At least the ones i have to get couple more people I'd like to get for so we'll see!
    -I just love World Market too!!
    -Your hiding stuff at DC totally cracks me up!
    -Most definitely the 'Nice Underware' mat!
    -And have you heard of the Ninja blender? It's the new rave up here! Think Sams was having a good deal on them. At least folks from here where going down to get them....
    I wish I could say I had been up as ling as you (not really, but it would sound good!lol) But I got piles of stuff done yesterday, such as making this place look livable again, which took most of the afternoon! Now today I've GOT to sew...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea for the Ninja blender!!!!!! I have just the cheap one and I sing its praises!!! I LOVE it!!

      Delete
    2. checked my Food Network blender at DC, but it was still only 60% off - I am waiting for it to go at least 80%! LOL ;) I'll have to check out the Ninja! Tara, how much was your cheap one?

      Delete
    3. I got mine this summer when I was making frappe's about everyday n the blender I had wasn't worth squat so when Tara Peters told me how awesome the Ninja was I went straight way to Walmart n invested n one that was $20 but I haven't seen them that cheep since. Good luck:)

      Delete
  2. I love World Market too! Took a quick spin through there with Julie W the other day... we had teacher gifts on our mind and NO TIME to browse around like I love to do... I saw those single cup coffee drippers (whatever they're called!) another time and thought they were so neat! My list grows and grows... topping the list though are QUILT FRAME and LEMON TREE... I don't know where I would plant the tree and how long it would live :( but fresh lemons right in my back yard?... ahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a lemon tree would be blissful....If I can keep my kumquat alive I'll swap some for some lemons! :) Can you buy quilt frames, or do they have to be "made"?

      Delete
  3. The only gift we've bought is for the name Jacob drew @ school. Got part of the gift @ D.C. and ordered the other half online! Not sure what we're getting the boys~ need some good ideas!!! As for myself, I'd like to get some paint and things for the house! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmmmm....let's see, get them a little pony!! :) and a cart!

      Delete
  4. ...just finished max's christmas gift...a bean bag covered in all breeds of dogs, wearing their cozy winter sweaters=)!
    (random thot):how do you ever buy something for a little 4 year old boy who has mostly everything & doesn't really spend alot of time outdoors??? max has his cousin's name... what's rhonda's # ? maybe she has ideas! i had it, but max likes to delete #s!=(
    also, Shawna got a Ninja & loves it...i guess she researched blenders & supposedly the Ninja will outblend any other blender unless you want to spend alot!
    & LOVE the coffee dripper!just added it to my imaginary wish list!also want...a North Face beanie
    http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/sc-gear/womens-accessories/womens-fuzzy-earflap-beanie.html?from=subCat
    AND (top of the list) a visit from some friends who live @ 6350 garrett rd, walnut hill, fl! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool to hear more bout the Ninja! :) I think I'll have to leave the hidden Food Network one at DC and grab a Ninja! What color of coffee dripper do you like best? I love all the colors!

      Delete
  5. The idea of hiding things at Dirt Cheap. You, my dear, are brilliant.

    And World Market... all the heart eyes.

    ReplyDelete