Wednesday, January 18, 2012

today at the thrift store....

Mel and I stopped by the thrift store in Atmore today to see if I had MADE any money! Thrill of all thrills, I had! Seven whole dollars!!! I had consigned all my leftovers after our big yard sale last October. I quite like the concept of going to a store and getting paid instead of me paying them! Nevertheless, I kinda feel "obligated" to browse around a bit while I'm there, just to look you know. So that's what I was doing today when a novel by Padma Venkatraman called Climbing the Stairs called out, "buy me! buy me!" So I quashed the thoughts of clutter and full bookshelves and succumbed to temptation once again!  It appears to be a fascinating story about a girl in India that dares to break the rules of society to educate herself. Can't wait to read it! At least I still walked out of the thrift store with more money than I had going in!

1 comment:

  1. Climbing the Stairs was a great read! I definitely recommend it!

    ReplyDelete