Wednesday, November 21, 2018

a GRATEFUL heart

Margaret Berg : fall / halloween: "Give Thanks" Corn

I am thankful for life... and that it goes on.
For God's protection, our guardian angel, for my friend who breathed a prayer particularly for me earlier in the day...
For airbags, car seats, safety restraints, and crash-testing technology...
That no one was injured when I rear-ended a Dodge pickup yesterday evening in the gloaming...
that the couple I hit were not angry or upset...For family and friends who stopped so soon to make sure we were OK... and got my Jeep off the road before anyone hit it...and came and got my groceries and purchases from earlier in the day...that Danl was home and could come comfort us and sit with me for the hours we waited on FHP. That Danielle was not traumatized...and seemed to understand that the Jeep was seriously injured and needed to go the vehicle hospital...That the young officer who worked the scene was kind and considerate and gave me the least possible citation.

Image result for pecans watercolor

I am thankful for pecans... And that I had plenty to re-toast for tomorrow's candied sweet potatoes since I severely over-toasted the first batch! #burnt

I am thankful for family recipes with notes at the bottom. 
#auntrose #candiedsweetpotatoes #schneidercookbook

I am thankful for the MRGA Book Club. It has, and is, totally enriching my life in in so many ways!

I am thankful that Mel brought me coffee this morning and took Danielle home with her to "help" take care of Baby Ellie.

I am thankful for crispy, ice-cold Diet Coke.

I am thankful my parents lent us their extra van for me to drive until we get our insurance rental.

I am thankful for Katie's crumb-topped banana bread. #perfection

I am thankful for ibuprofen.

I am thankful for our cozy home, for the warm bed into which I am about to crawl!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, Y'ALL!

Happy Thanksgiving!


5 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! Glad you weren't hurt in your little accident and Danielle wasn't terrified! Enjoyed your "thankfuls"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think this will be my most thankful Thanksgiving ever!

      Delete
  2. Happy thanksgiving Sharon! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you! Wish I knew who you are! :)

      Delete
  3. I hear ya! I can sympathize with you in your accident. We had one returning home on our honeymoon. We were glad it happened 5 miles from home instead of in Savannah or anywhere farther between. Being a foreigner, and knowing we're going south on our honeymoon I hadn't taken my big, warm, bulky coat. I thought I'd freeze while waiting for all the legalities to finish up. Then our first grocery shopping in a borrowed van. I still get flashbacks when I drive through there, but now pack 'crashkit' or at least make sure there's shoes and coats or warm blankets or something if it's cold outside.

    I have been binge reading your blog. Took me a bit to figure out how to scroll to the first posts and read it in chronological order. Finished it 2 nights ago! Glad I don't have to post my times either:)
    Cooking on high? Ya mean there's another setting on the stove?! I love reading, and the new perspective books can give. I enjoy cooking, baking, eating but not the cleanup��. I showed my husband the Red Velvet Cheesecake you posted several years ago. Both are favorites, so I'll be baking it up in a couple weeks for his Bday.
    Wishing you the best, and thoroughly thankful for ibuprofen and tylenol also��
    A fellow-gift-exchanger, Patricia

    ReplyDelete