Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Rest Up & Dress Up!

Happy 2019!
This is not my New Year's Letter in case you are wondering! I may not even write one actually...time will tell! 

I love to choose a theme word or phrase for the year as per Gretchen Rubin's suggestion. It's a challenge to see what word you can come up with that sums up the ambitions, plans, dreams and schemes that you want to embrace in the new year! 

10 interior design quotes to get your out of that style rut

Last year I chose HOME. 
I wanted to stay home more, to "joy-spark" our entire home, and to learn to love being a homemaker! Overall, I'm mostly happy with how the year went! I "think" I was home more, I consciously tried to have days where I never left the premises. I found a pillow cover for the the couch that says "Let's Stay Home." Danielle even told me one day, "Mommy, I love that you are home." And I loved it too. I didn't get the whole house "joy-sparked" but I think I only lack 4 cabinets, and the drawer under the oven! So that's pretty good! I wish I knew how many POUNDS of accumulated clutter went the way of the waste heap or to WeCare! By the way, I HIGHLY recommend Marie Kondo's method and books.

Resist the social pressure of "busy" and give yourself permission to rest.

So...for this year I chose a phrase, "REST UP & DRESS UP!" 
Before you are imagining boa scarves and polka dot socks in high-heeled shoes, hear me out! Obviously, "rest up" is pretty self-explanatory! I simply do not sleep enough. I'm a night owl by nature, and I always want to "over-live" and squeeze every last minute out of each day...not wise. I do realize it's almost midnight now, BUT I actually did my extra resting this morning since Danielle went back to sleep in our bed! Score! Also, I want to lay my unnecessary ambitions to rest this year. I want to choose cuddling over computing, relaxing instead of resisting, being present over trying to be perfect. 

Take a rest: a field that has rested gives a beautiful crop. Ovid

Okay, now for the dress up part! Reading Lessons from Madame Chic by Jennifer L. Scott was revolutionary! Now I am inspired to incorporate the "10 item core wardrobe" idea into my life! (More on that in another post if y'all are interested) I think it will definitely simplify my life! So I will be focusing on clothes! And sewing! I have decided that I love to sew and that it's amazing that I have been taught how to create couture clothing. So there. 
Now off to rest up I go! 
(once I find my other polka dot sock..!!)

meia fofa

6 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear more about the 10 item core wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm inspired by you're "Rest Up" thoughts! I need to incorporate more of that into my life!... sleeping feels like a waste of time to me 🙃 and the other aspects of resting... and the quote... love it! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it exactly!! A waste of time! 🤪 But I know it’s not, everything goes better if I’m not exhausted! But I never feel tired at night!

      Delete
  3. Good attitude on the sewing sharn!!

    ReplyDelete